Records Management Publications
Our bulletins outline the laws, rules, standards, and best practices for local governments and state agencies in Texas. We also publish 12 Local Retention Schedules with about 1500 records series for Local Governments and the Texas State Records Retention Schedule (RRS) 4th edition.
Local Government Bulletins
All district and precinct offices of a county, municipality, public school district, appraisal district, or any other special-purpose district or authority.
- Bulletin A: Microfilming Standards and Procedures
View | Download: PDF (21 pages, 94K)
- Bulletin B: Electronic Records Standards and Procedures
View | Download: PDF (15 pages, 126K)
- Bulletin C: Inventorying and Scheduling Records
View | Download: PDF (24 pages, 158K)
- Bulletin D: Local Government Records Act (effective 1989)
View | Download: PDF (40 pages, 252K)
- Bulletin E: Electronic Filing and Recording by County Clerks
View | Download: PDF (13 pages, 111K)
- Bulletin F: Records Storage Standards
View | Download: PDF (5 pages, 128K)
State Agency Bulletins
Any agency in the executive, legislative, or judicial branch of state government created by the constitution or a statute of this state.
- Bulletin 1: Electronic Records Standards and Procedures
View | Download: PDF (9 pages, 48K)
- Bulletin 2: Microfilming Standards and Procedures
View | Download: PDF (21 pages, 63K)
- Bulletin 3: Records Retention Scheduling Rules
View | Download: PDF (9 pages, 40K)
- Bulletin 4: State Records Management Laws
View | Download: PDF (26 pages, 84K)
Texas State Records Retention Schedule
Revised 4th Edition, effective July 4, 2012 – About 300 records series commonly found at state agencies. Includes administrative, financial, personnel, support services and information technology infrastructure.
View on WEB | Download: DOC | PDF (78 pages 291K)
Changes to the Texas State Records Retention Schedule –
RMO Job Guidelines from Records Management Interagency Coordinating Council (RMICC)
Records Management Officer Job Guidelines for Texas State Agencies and Institutions of Higher Education prepared by RMICC
Download: PDF | Microsoft Word
News, Tips, FAQs, Training Resources
The Texas Record Blog
Can't find what you're looking for? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 512-463-7610.
Download Acrobat (R) Reader